The following is a list of items of which each family in our school community should be aware:
1. Arrival Time and Procedure:
Breakfast will be in the cafeteria, from 7:30 a.m. to 7:50 a.m.
You may drop off your student any time between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. Once a student is done with breakfast, they will go to the school yard to play until the 7:55 bell rings and students line up to wait for their teacher to escort them into the building.
If your student is not having breakfast, they can go directly to the school yard. (Pre-K will have breakfast in their classroom.)
School begins at 8:00 a.m. A student is considered late if they arrive after this time.
Parents who are dropping off their students have two options this year. You can drive through the parking lot in front of the building where you drop off your student at door #2 or you may park on any street surrounding the building and drop off or walk your student to the school yard. Note that if several parents drop off at door #2, this could cause a traffic concern. You may prefer a leisurely stroll to the school yard 🙂
The school yard will be monitored starting at 7:30 a.m. Any child dropped off before that time will not be supervised.
You may not park in the circular driveway as it is reserved for buses.
We will be placing cones in the parking lot behind the fire department in a manner that will make parking spots available to parents. Please be mindful of not blocking our neighbour’s driveways if you park on the street.
2. Dismissal: The school day ends at 2:10 p.m. All students are expected to be picked up at 2:10 p.m. For students who are walking home, we ask that they go immediately home following the school day.
Please meet your child in the school yard, at following doors:
Pre-K 002 (Mrs. Goldman): Door # 7 Pre-K 010 (Mrs. Moreau): Door # 8
Kindergarten and 1st grade: Door # 9 (Back of building, near basketball court)
2nd and 3rd grade: Door # 5 (Back of building, near grassy area)
4th grade: Door #3 (cafeteria entrance)
5th grade: Door #10 (Behind the fire station)
Note: Older siblings will meet their younger sibling at the younger sibling’s dismissal door.
If your student is assigned to a bus (school or daycare) and will not be taking the bus home on any given day, you must send in a note in the morning. We understand that there are emergencies, however if you call the office to notify us that your student will not be taking the bus, it is possible that the message will not be received by those who need to know. The main office is a hectic place.
3. Visits to school: No visitors are currently allowed in the building due to COVID protocols. If you wish a conference with a teacher, kindly call the school at 729-6260 or contact the individual teacher to make an appointment for a virtual or phone meeting.
4. Early dismissal: If you wish to have your child(ren) dismissed early, please write a note to your child’s teacher stating the time of dismissal. You must pick up your child(ren) in the main office. No child will be excused from school early unless an adult signs out for him/her in the main office. Please try to schedule medical appointments before or after school. A PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED TO DISMISS A STUDENT. NO STUDENT WILL be DISMISSED WITHOUT PROPER IDENTIFICATION. No exceptions.
5. Excuses: When a child has been absent from school or arrives late (after 8 a.m.) he/she must report to the main office with a note.
6. Dogs: By Pawtucket City Ordinance there are to be NO dogs on school property.
7. Emergency information: Please be sure that essential information such as telephone numbers and addresses are kept up to date at all times. Kindly inform the office of any changes which should be made in the event that we need to contact you at home or work.